Internet Trolls

I do not understand internet trolls at all if I am being honest. Or not just trolls let’s take to a basic level, people who do not agree with you. If you do not like something, than just do not view it, do not read it and do not visit such websites or profiles.
Life is too short, people need to really understand it, and there isn’t anything afterwards. So enjoy what you like, avoid what you don’t and move on.
i can understand at times it is essential to stand up for something you care about, but you do not have to do it everywhere. The example of it would be religious people, christians or whoever going on atheists forums and websites and spewing hatred all over. What is the point? You are allowed to aggressively transgress your views from one to another, enjoy tax free organizations and we as atheists are not even allowed to suspect that there is something really wrong with your divine explanation of things. If you do not like something stay away from it, do not try to control everything, control your own life and be happy with it.
I know sometimes life is not the best, and sometimes it is indescribably worse but even than you have to realize if you are there to experience these emotions about life for bad or worse, you are there to experience. That is one big thing in itself, you are still alive to experience it.
I can safely say that I for one have never gone on someone’s blog or website or forum and expressed my disagreement with what they like in an aggressive way. I can have a discussion about it, but not unless provoked to do so. I do not see the point.
Something that some people say, live and let live, need to be applied more than just said in our daily lives.

16 Comments Add yours

1. Live and let live is one thing but if a person is spouting off about things they don’t know much about, then I think they should be informed. I’m not saying to do so in an aggressive way though, but sometimes disagreements can open a person’s mind to new ideas.

Liked by 1 person

1. mazoomamilly says:

Hi sugar, i agree with you on the subject of internet trolls. I have been stalked, harassed and trolled for nearly 2 years now, on both facebook and now on word press by a person who is indeed spouting off about things they have no idea about. They have tried to ruin not only my reputation, but my life. I doubt that any discussion with this person would open their mind to new ideas, in fact, it has only led to her being more angry and venemous with her words.

1. Momus Najmi says:

@mazoomamilly I am sorry to hear that you have to go through such treatment. But that is exactly what I do not understand, what is that other person getting out of this. People need to grow up, like what they like and otherwise, but learn to let things go.

2. amommasview says:

True. But I guess the point is to show respect and explain your point in a respectful manner. And not preach (for the lack of a better word) or order. Nothing wrong in wording your opinion in a respectful manner. Not judgmental, no aggression. I guess that is what it’s all about. Creative feedback and not an attack. But that is just my opinion…

1. Momus Najmi says:

yes I agree on that point, like I said you can have a discussion if you feel like you need to voice your opinion on that topic, but it doesnt mean you have to insult the opinion you disagree with. The minute you show an aggressive behaviour, or nonconstructive motives you lose the argument there and then. But yes it is about respect which sadly in this day and age seems to be getting less and less to share around.

Liked by 1 person

3. Momus Najmi says:

@princessdoodlebug They can and they cannot as well it depends on the person. I have seen people harass, aggressively argue, stalk basically haunt the internet life of a person because of little things, just because they do not have anything better to do, they will push a person on the edge just for living his/her life the way they want. Those people doing such kind of behaviour need to be taught the meaning of live and let live.
      There are times when you should stand up for what you believe, but in a constructive way. If someone is misinforming people, misleading them to falsified ideologies than yes one should take notice of it. But there is a way of doing it, disagreement leads to a meaningful discussion if both are willing.
      And like you said if someone doesnt know about something and misinforming other than yes they should be informed, but in a constructive way.

2. mazoomamilly says:

Reblogged this on mazoomamillydotcom and commented:
    I find your blog fascinating, but i disagree on certain things. Internet trolls have blighted my life for the past two years. They follow me around social networking sites, and try to harass me and will not leave me alone. Indeed one of them is a narcissist, not only does she keep trying to turn people again me on blogs, but also in real life. She has tried to ruin my life and has succeeded in turning everybody in her own world against her, with her bitterness toward me. She will not be reasoned with, and has continued her campaign of terror even after the authorities have been in touch with her and warned her to stop this. To me this is a real internet troll. It is not easy to ignore or in fact to stay away from people like this.

3. Reblogged this on galesmind and commented:
    Agree totally some people just like the attention I guess must be a sad way to live. When I see people getting hot and spitting mad over some post it baffles me to be honest and I wander off. I am not on social media to argue with strangers stuck on their ideas. If your view makes you happy then more power to you. There is so much more to learn and do on the internet than have pointless arguments with strangers or mess with forum and people just for the pure entertainment.

1. Momus Najmi says:

completely agree, there is more to do in life than waste time bashing your head on the wall.

Liked by 1 person

4. marilynmunrow says:

Reblogged this on marilynmunrow.

5. allabouteve16 says:

Reblogged this on allabouteve16.

6. allabouteve16 says:

I can honestly say princessdoodlebug that I have encountered some of the most delightful people on social media yet to spin the coin, had hatred, spewing vitriol from a particular nasty cyber bully who followed us on here too with the intention of continuing her total disregard of the Police threats against her. I wouldn’t call her a troll so much as a narcissistic , socially inept excuse for a woman. Live and let live is one of my mottos but in this case I would prefer her to give live on another planet. She is obsessed with certain people and yet seeks sympathy as she feels she is a victim.

7. qhecate says:

Reblogged this on The Justice of Hecate and commented:
    I always picture this sort of person living in their parents basement with no social contact at all so they are jealous of we that do.

8. ally1lakeside says:

Reblogged this on ally1lakeside and commented:
    I think to be an internet troll or bully you need to be especially nasty and cold hearted with no concern for anyone except yourself. Jealous and a heart of ice