I love all kinds of bookshops and I love books. I don’t really have a huge collection of physical books anymore, most of mine are on kindle or audible. It just makes it more manageable. But it is hard for me not to love having physical books specially the classics. Who knows, maybe one day I will end up having a lot of physical books again, although I think so might end up arranging and labeling them within helpful categories like this one.
From one slice of bread to the other with a whole lot in between.
Did you know that Americans eat more than 300 million sandwiches, a day?
And here in the UK we spent £557.31 million on sandwiches, rolls & baguette in 2019?
Here are some other interesting facts related to sandwiches
- According to the United States Department of Agriculture, a sandwich must contain at least 35 percent cooked meat and no more than 50 percent bread.
- Iran tried to get into the Guinness book of world records by making the world’s largest sandwich. But people started eating it before it could be officially measured so they failed.
- In 2003, a man in Belgium stole diamonds worth 100 million dollars from a vault that was protected by multiple security mechanisms, including a lock with 100 million possible combinations, a seismic sensor, Doppler radar, infrared heat detectors, and a magnetic field. He was caught because he left a partially eaten sandwich near the crime scene which was used as a DNA evidence.
- A Chicago man once robbed a Subway and then crossed the street to buy a Potbelly sandwich with the money.
- Elvis Presley flew to Denver and back one night just to pick up a Fool’s Gold Loaf: an 8,000 calorie sandwich made from a hollowed out loaf filled with an entire jar of peanut butter, one jar of jelly, and a pound of bacon.
- In 1927, MGM’s lion was in a plane crash and survived on milk, water, and sandwiches
- According to researchers at Newcastle University, a bacon sandwich can cure a hangover.
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were originally considered a delicacy, only enjoyed by those of the upper class.
- John Young, the pilot of Gemini 3, was reprimanded for smuggling a corned beef sandwich onto the spacecraft.
- The United States is considered the origin of at least 60 different kinds of sandwiches.
My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine.Ernest Hemingway
Why did the math book look so sad?
Because of all its problems.